- "Women, missionaries, and medical professions: the history of overseas female students in Meiji Japan," Japan Forum, Vol. 30, Issue 3, 2019 (forthcoming).
- "1880–1890 nendai no Nihon ni okeru Amerika josei iryō-senkyōshi no katsudō [The History of American Female Medical Missionaries in Late 19th-Century Japan] ," Nihon ishigaku zasshi, Vol. 64, No. 3, 2018, pp. 223–239. [in Japanese]
- “Kinsei iryō-shi kenkyū no genzai: minshū, kō-kenryoku to iryō [Social History of Medicine in Early Modern Japan: Commoners, Public Authorities, and Medicine],” Yōgaku, Vol. 21, 2014, pp. 91–125. [in Japanese]
- “Nihon ni okeru iryō ākaibuzu no kōchiku ni mukete [Toward More Usable Archives of Medical Records in Japan],” Bulletin of the National Institute of Japanese Literature: Archival Studies, Vol. 11, 2015, pp. 73–93. [in Japanese]
- “Bakumatsu meiji shonen ni okeru san-nin no amerika-jin iryō-senkyōshi ni tsuite [The American Medical Missionaries in Late-Tokugawa and Early-Meiji Japan],” Yōgaku, Vol. 23, 2016, pp. 89–114. [in Japanese]